During the NaSFA AGM you will be able to vote for your new NaSFA Committee for 2015-16.
This year the committee will consist of 6 roles, 3 specific roles, and 3 non-portfolio.
The following principles govern the election and membership of the committee:
- Committee members must be either a current student or sabbatical officer at a UK College or University.
- Committee members can only serve a total of two years on the committee (whether consecutive or separate), but will have to be re-elected in order to serve a second year.
- Only students and sabbatical officers of UK Colleges or Universities are eligible to vote for committee members.
- One vote per institution present at RAG conference
The positions up for election are as follows:
- Media & Communications
- Training & Workshops
- There are also 3 non portfolio positions.
The three named roles will be elected in separate elections under the alternative vote system where candidates are ranked in order of preference and votes reallocated until a candidate receives over 50% of the vote. These elections will be counted first. An individual may only run for a maximum of one of these named roles.
The three non-portfolio roles will be elected in a Multi member election under the single transferable vote system. Candidates running for named roles may stand for these positions. If a candidate in the non-portfolio election has been elected to a named role then their votes will be reallocated.
Only one person from each institution can be on the committee, however more than one person from an institution can run in the election.The elections are counted in the order they are listed above, once an individual is elected from one institution, any other candidate from that institution in subsequent counts will have their votes redistributed.
Nominations must be received by 21:00 Tuesday 25th August. These can be handed in to the returning officer - Rosie Hunnam (NUS) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the running of the elections should also be directed to Rosie.
For more information about being on committee, please email the current committee on email@example.com or tweet them @nationalsfa.
The nomination form can be downloaded here.